Wondering what to do in Aberystwyth during your stay with us? There is absolutely plenty to do in the local area, from relaxing activities to adrenaline fuelled trips – but here are some of our suggestions! For more, we suggest you visit the Visit Wales website where you can fully explore all that Mid Wales and the Cambrian Mountains have to offer.
- Fantasy Farm Park – a great family adventure in the heart of the beautiful Mid Wales countryside.
- Specialist Dolphin trips in the Bay – support the Cardigan Bay Marine Wildlife Centre Dolphin research – book a dolphin survey boat trip
- Ceredigion Coastal Path – part of the Welsh Coastal Path there is spectacular scenery to be seen here
- Llanerchaeron National Trust – this rare example of a self-sufficient 18th century Welsh minor gentry estate has survived virtually unaltered
- The National Library of Wales, Aberystwyth – a must visit during your time in Mid Wales, one of the greatest libraries in the world
- Vale of Rheidol Railway – travelling on the Vale of Rheidol Railway is the finest way to see the stunning Rheidol Valley. Opened in 1902, the railway has been delighting passengers young and old for over a century
- The Silver Mountain Experience – Llywernog is an authentic 18th century silver mine. A visit to Llywernog offers a fascinating insight into life nearly 200 years ago, when the mine employed over 60 people. Today, Llywernog is a unique and educational family adventure, and continues to be developed as a major all-weather attraction.
- Constitution Hill, Electric Cliff Railway – At the northern end of Aberystwyth promenade Constitution Hill rises dramatically to provide a spectacular natural viewpoint. On a clear day it is possible to see 26 mountain peaks spanning much of the length of Wales. The most relaxing way to enjoy this panorama is to travel by train on the longest electric cliff railway in Britain, which has been transporting visitors to the summit since opening in 1896.